Sally Ride’s death after a seventeen-month battle with pancreatic cancer has brought to light a less-reported fact about the first American woman in space: her long-time relationship with female partner Tam O’Shaughnessy.
An official statement from Sally Ride Science named O’Shaughnessy as the 61-year-old Ride’s partner of 27 years. She is also identified in a short bio on Sally Ride Science’s official website simply as the company’s Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President for Content.
(Source: The Huffington Post)
- vincentcroft likes this
- bofursgirl reblogged this from itgetsbetterproject
- fuzzytale likes this
- daisythewarriorprincess likes this
- strykersstopwatch likes this
- strykersstopwatch reblogged this from itgetsbetterproject
- itgetsbetterproject posted this